Monday, December 8, 2008

Goodbye Nana


This is a picture of Nana Smock and Ava. Ava was three weeks old and Nana came to stay for a week and help us out! Nana was so helpful and loving. She cooked meals, tidied up, scrubbed our dirty shower, and had Ava sleep with her at night so I could get some extra sleep!
The time we spent with Nana for that one week was all too precious. Nana was diagnosed with brain cancer just a few weeks after our special time together. She died on November 22, 2008, surrounded by some of her loving family. She fought a tough battle, and fight she did. She was truly the best example of a patient and persevering person through this trial. But through her faith, she considered this trial a blessing. Her funeral was on November 26, the day of her 64th birthday. It was simply the most tender, inspiring, and spiritual funeral. David delivered a beautiful eulogy that showed a woman who loved life, God, and her family. During my last visit with her in September of this year, she kept stressing how important it was to live each day like it was your last. Cherish life!
Goodbye for now Nana.

3 comments:

amybradley said...

Louise, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had no idea your mother-in-law was sick. If there's anything you need at all, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

The Harts said...

That was really beautiful tribute! We had lot's of fun last night... see you soon, I hope!! L

Michelle said...

Brenda was a great example of a loving wife, mother, and grandmother. She will be missed by all who knew her! BTW, I don't even recognize Ava in that picture! I miss my little Ava! Did you see the picture I posted on my blog?