Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Best summer ever! Let's start with June.

Let's ignore the fact that it is Thanksgiving and only now am I blogging about our super summer. But I have to blog about it otherwise it will seem like it never happened. Now that Blogger made it a little easier for a technophobe like me to upload pictures, I have no excuses. 

It was a really great summer. Yes, I was constantly sweaty and gross while pushing my double stroller. Yes, I felt like I was being baked alive in my sauna of an apartment (the air conditioner loses the battle against the sun, the dryer, and the oven), but summertime in NYC is great. I really love it here! In some ways this city is perfect for me. I don't have to drive, so I am confident in my abilities to get somewhere either by walking or by public transportation. And I am not a hazard on the road. It is a win-win situation. Extra bonus of living in the city--you don't really need a gym membership. Walking everywhere and carrying strollers up and down subway stairs is a good enough NYC mommy workout.

I think it is impossible to do everything NYC has to offer (at least with two kids). I already have a list of things that I must do next summer since we missed out on it this summer (Shakespeare in the Park, going to the Dragon Boat Festival,  etc). But I must not get ahead of myself.

Here are some memorable pics from this summer. Starting with end of May/June:



Arden and I at Jones Beach on Memorial Day. David was in Switzerland for work.


Ava and Lillian J. having a blast at Jones Beach


Ava's dance "recital". She is on the far left. I think she could be a ballerina some day, but I may be biased.

Ava and cousin Grant at the Central Park Carousel. 

Michelle, Terry and Jaden come for a visit and devoured donuts.

Michelle and Jaden with my girls and I on the ferris wheel at Toys R Us. It is nice to do some touristy stuff sometimes. I still feel like a tourist in NYC--I'm all about staycations these days. 


People thought Jaden and Arden were twins. 

Michelle babysat so David and I could see Wicked on our anniversary. Good times.



Michelle and Ava at The Cloisters. It's gorgeous up there. Not the most kid and stroller friendly place. But we ended up getting free food from the cafe because their registers weren't working. Score! 


Pretty Ava (although slightly disheveled) at Central Park Zoo


At the bouncy house at the Rainbow City exhibit of the Highline Park



Rainbow City!


Ava and Grant at Madison Square Park after a kids' concert


At the Curious George exhibit at the Children's Museum of Manhattan


At the Bronx Zoo. It is such a trek to get up there but it is a great zoo.

No comments: