Sunday, January 15, 2012

Future BFFs?

Recently Ava and Arden have started to play together a little more. I still hear a lot of "No! Arden! No!" from the girls' room, but things have improved a lot over the last few months in terms of their relationship. Ava has given up a lot of her torture tactics and Arden is no longer the victim of random pinches, pushes, bites and other unsavory behavior. Ava has come a long way since her days of saying "my body is telling me to hurt Arden."

Ava likes to sneak into Arden's crib at bed time. We discovered the hooligans spooning each other after some giggling gave them away one night. It is the sweetest thing to see them together like that. Every morning, when I'm still groggy in my own bed, I can hear the two of them in Arden's crib jabbering away. Usually Arden will make a sound and Ava will copy her, then giggling ensues. Or I hear Ava shouting "No, Arden, no pulling my hair!" Ava is starting to get a taste of her own medicine.

Of course Ava exhibits some bossy older sister behavior. I keep chuckling at the time Arden was getting into Ava's things and Ava said "Mommy, take Arden back to the orphanage!" Whenever Arden tries to escape out of the front door and down the hallway, I pretend to close the door. Ava freaks out and says "No, mommy, get Arden back!" So Ava really is all talk and loves her sister after all.





Good snuggling going on here


At the Metropolitan Museum with these rascals. Who cares about art when you can sit in the corner together?


The two babushkas. This is what we do when we are stuck at home during a cold day. Ava puts on a super small snow suit and baby socks. Arden likes to wear a scarf and a kazoo around the neck. Priceless.


I discovered the two having a little "picnic" behind the couch when I gave them each a bowl of blueberries.


1 comment:

Thayer said...

Sweet, they're lucky to have eachother. You can show them this post when they're teenagers and at each other again :)