Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ava is a party animal

Ava loves jamming to music., especially with her dad. David turns up his techno music (it's all out in the open now, David) and they have a good time. She sits on the floor or on the couch and waves her arms around when she gets really happy, in a repeated "wax on"motion. Simultaneously, she makes sounds in a sing-songy "eh eh eh eh eh ". A couple of days ago, she decided she could make very deliberate movements with her mouth, like an open mouthed biting motion. Shortly after said discovery, she started saying "da da da da da". She's so adorable when she babbles and moves her mouth like that. These same deliberate mouth movements have been applied during nursing and it's not quite so cute then.

Ava isn't crawling yet. She is quite content to sit and hang out. She doesn't really like to roll over much either. I kind of prefer Ava taking her time with doing tricks. I'm sure I'll be chasing her around the house in no time, so I appreciate these last few weeks/months of her being laid back.

1 comment:

Amy E said...

Hey! I saw this on facebook. Come check my blog out too!!