Wednesday, April 22, 2009

International "Abba" of mystery

Ava refers to herself as "Abba". Close enough. Abba also speaks a couple of different languages. According to Ava, a cat says "Muy" (like the "muy" in "muy bien"). She also says "muy" for "more". Apparently, Ava picked up some Yiddish along the way too. She says "Oy" for "ear". Ava sometimes says a cow says "Mew", which is what I imagine a French cow sounds like. Ava's new favorite word is "sushi" and says it multiple times a day. And what should be "hair" is pronounced "hana". Not sure what language that is. She has a few made up words she says all day long (and David keeps encouraging her by saying it back to her). The two words are "Otoba", which I believe is a location in Nigeria, and "Hebibi" which I believe has a Middle Eastern persuasion. Who knows what language she will pick up next?!

Here are a few pics of Ava doing some funny and mysterious things:


We don't know why she started doing this pose, but every so often, she'll do it and see what our reaction is. We now call it the "plie" (French ballet term and I don't know how to do the symbol above the "e"). Now when we say "plie" she'll do this very seriously.


Who is she trying to look good for?


Without fail, she puts her shoes on wrong each time and gets very frustrated when she can't walk properly.



She doesn't know where her next assignment might be, but she's pretty good at being incognito. I like how the sunglasses make her ears stick out.




She's ready to eat any type of cuisine that is thrown at her. She can't get enough of this seasoned seaweed. I'm totally obsessed with it too, and sometimes will eat 20 packets in one sitting. Quite a nasty aftertaste, but it goes down oh so smoothly. I dare you to try one if you're not a sushi eater.


8 comments:

Amy E said...

EWww...I can't believe you've got her hooked on that stuff. :) I love her plies, too...she'd fit right in at our house.

Thayer said...

can you get a video of her saying that stuff and post it for us - so cute, I'm glad she is so linguistically advanced :)

Anonymous said...

this is a funny post. seaweed. interesting/worth a try!! anne

Anonymous said...

hi louise! ava is so sweet. love the one where she is trying to curl her eyelashes!

alexis said...

I totally love seaweed! I used to take it for lunch when I was in elementary school.

Chelsea said...

Hi Louise, I'm a friend of Dave's from BYU. Our friend Mehrsa sent me the link to your blog and it's been fun to see what your family is up to. Ava is adorable and you are super cute, so congrats to Dave on a great fam!

Chelsea said...

PS - If Dave wants to catch up with Mehrsa (or maybe he has), her blog is http://bybaran.blogspot.com/

And here are some photos of Mehrsa and me from last fall when I was in NY: http://mbcgfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/visit-with-mehrsa.html

Nate and Mags said...

Hi guys, thanks for your comment. It would be so much fun to get together again after all these years. It looks like there's never a dull moment with all your Ava adventures! Ava and Caden would have a great time together. They can both scarf down their seaweed. If you ever want to come visit Hawaii, you have a free place to stay--just not a a big place though ;)
Maggie, Nate, Caden