Monday, April 11, 2011

Living it up with St. Patty's, Martha and The Strokes

David decided to take his birthday off (St. Patty's Day) as well as the day after. It was wonderful to walk down to 5th Avenue and 79th St. to enjoy the parade. We loved how patriotic it was, with a lot of policemen and soldiers walking down 5th Avenue while bagpipes could be heard in the background.

David had a great birthday (except I messed up the icing on his cake--apparently sour cream chocolate icing is not his thing). During one night on his birthday weekend, he and I were able to walk to the Metropolitan museum and enjoy some religious art right before closing. Then we walked through Central Park and enjoyed the breathtaking evening views while we were on our way to Gennaro, a cozy Italian restaurant. We ended the night with some gelato from Screme. David kept asking me all weekend, "How could anyone want to leave this city?"

Ava had the best view of the parade


Arden and David in green. For once David's neon green jacket wasn't an eyesore (just kidding, babe, you know I love your jacket)

I couldn't get enough of men in kilts


Hanging out with the Foss family and Colvin family during and after the parade

Alice in Wonderland statue was close by so I climbed on after the parade. Ignore my pirate look.



Enjoying brunch on David's day off. Check out David's hot new birthday jeans.


Isn't this baby cute enough to eat?


Ava waiting to slap on some strawberry butter.

I was able to enjoy some activities lately sans kids. My friend Tiffany and I have been swapping babysitting services and it has been awesome! Now that the weather is better, I am really excited to explore my big back yard. I don't know if it is because I have two kids now that I really feel like I need to go out with my friends and go on dates with David. I never really felt like I had to "get away" when it was just Ava. But then again I didn't live in NYC before!



Martha! We are the lucky ladies who got to see a Martha Stewart taping. We scored some free Minwax. Just watch I'm going to get all crafty and Minwax it up...not.


David and I scored some box seat tickets at Madison Square Garden to see The Strokes (he got tix through people he met at work). This is my way to see a rock concert--away from the crowds and with an arm's reach access to food. Here's to more good times in the city!

5 comments:

Lorina said...

What is minwax?

Thayer said...

Fun! Sounds like Dave had a great birthday (we were wondering why he wasn't returning our calls :) Isn't Martha the best, I want to go again. Glad you are getting some you time. Those girls are too cute, but you need some time for you too.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are having so much fun!! David, I definitely like your birthday jeans.

Michelle said...

Looks like you're having some fun times in the city!!! So jealous, but I guess I could join in the fun too the moment I buy a ticket! Love the pirates boots. Are they new?

The Harts said...

Louise!! I'm so happy you guys are living it up and enjoying the city!! So wish we were coming for a visit soon... ahhhhh... NYC! Love it :)