Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ava tidbits


Ava loves taking pictures with my camera and I think this is a pretty good one. I wish I could crop out my dumb hand and leg. Also Ava's finger is over the lens.
I've found a few random pics that she took without me knowing of random objects. Nouveau art!


Sticks and stones...pretty much any time we step foot outside, Ava must pick up sticks, stones, branches with leaves (so she can sweep) and she holds onto them for dear life. Until I force her to drop them all before we walk into our building. Many a battle we have fought over this.


"I'll be the teacher, you be the kid". Ava is really into pretending to read books to me while she holds the book up.


Ava tries out a ballet tea party class. She wasn't always listening to the teachers, but she managed to learn the first and second positions. I think her plie is darling, even if it isn't perfect. I'll invest in a real tutu when we sign up for real.


This is our hallway, elevators on the left. We've had this little stroller for a year and a half and now she is the most obsessed she has ever been with it. She likes to fold it up and pretend to take it in the subway. She has named two of her dolls Ava and Louise. She puts them in time out sometimes.


Ava writes her name! Her letter writing of the letter "A" has been hit or miss for a while. She got it today. Will she tomorrow? Who knows? But I'm proud! Ava also kind of understands the concept of rhyming. I'll ask her what rhymes with "frog" and she'll say "bog". "Baby" rhymes with "maybe". "Bava" rhymes with "Ava". All of her rhyming words start with a "b"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe Ava is learning how to write her name!!! She is the most wonderful little girl ever. Can't wait to see her again.