Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Book Buddies Preschool

When we first moved to NYC in February, I kept lamenting about how if we had stayed in Charlotte, Ava would be starting preschool in September. You see, preschools in NYC are ridiculously expensive, and I believe the yearly tuition is an average of $10,000. Then an angel from my church, Amy Wilcox, decides to do a home preschool program (Book Buddies Preschool). She has the experience, the space (4 bedrooms in NYC!), and the patience to do this. Basically to me she is a life saver!

Including Ava, there are eight children, all born in 2007, in the class. With the exception of two children, all the children attend nursery together anyway. Ava attends school on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-noon. I think this will be a wonderful program for Ava and she loves Ms. Amy and all of her classmates. I feel so happy this worked out and it is such an affordable program too. Can I get a hallelujah???!!!

Much to my chagrin I couldn't find my camera on her first official day of school. So I just have pictures of orientation and the second day of school. Ava did so well her first two days. She just walks right in and gets busy. She is so ready for this new stage in her life. We are talking about the same girl who would cry hysterically at the gym's child care before she was two years old. Now Ava barely looks at me when I drop her off and pick her up. Well, hey two can play that game. I went out for breakfast with Arden and three other moms after dropping off the kids. I'm talking tough but the reality is I feel a little sad about her not needing me so much anymore.


Trampoline in Ms. Amy's living room. How cool is that?


As long as Ava has a baby doll in her hands, she is happy! Looks like she is getting a little greedy there with the doll stuff.


These three are thick as thieves...looks like there is an inside joke going on here


Ava will say cheese and look at anything but the camera. These first four pics were taken on orientation day.



The children said "goodbye to summer" on their second day of school. They did art with frozen ice cubs colored with food coloring. There was a sprinkler across from Amy's apartment.


Look who's looking at the camera...that's my girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallelujah! So glad the preschool thing worked out! Louise, I'm so impressed with how good you've been at updating your blog. I need to follow your example!!!

Michelle said...

Ava looks so darling in her Ariel bathing suit! I'm so glad she is having so much fun in preschool!