Saturday, September 4, 2010

No, I'm just crazy

I've decided to approach the blogging thing a little differently. Instead of blogging once in a while and always writing long posts as if I am writing a college paper, I'm going to capture our lives in little vignettes here and there as well. Well, that is my intention anyway.

So today David wanted to go to the Barney's Warehouse sale. He was feeling like the worst dressed employee on his floor so he wanted a new spiffy wardrobe. The whole family showed up at the dingy warehouse and realized this shopping thing was going to be intense. Strollers and backpacks had to be checked in (I've been toting a backpack versus a shoulder diaper bag these days...I prefer the unshowered backpacker look over the svelte New York mommy look). Ava, Arden and I ditched David so he could battle the metrosexuals over the sales racks. I found the women's bin that said "75% off denim". I was getting excited and thought I could actually score some cool threads for cheap. Of course it was so difficult for me to dig through the bins and find the right size with Ava next to me and Arden strapped to me in the Ergo. I think all the jeans were low-rise too. The last thing I need is another pair of low-rise jeans to accentuate my extra tummy folds. I found some jeans to try on and found out the "dressing room" was a corner of the store with pseudo-walls set up. Throngs of women were crammed in this cattle stall and trying on clothes without caring about being exposed to each other. I decided to do it too with Arden still strapped to me and Ava by my side. Something about 75% off affected my thinking. Women were offering to help and kept saying "You are so brave to shop with your girls!" I replied, "No, I'm just crazy". After trying on the jeans (too tight) I went to grab a few more to try on. This time I decided to try jeans on behind the jeans bin because I didn't want to go back to the cattle stall. I must have really lost my mind at that point. I woke Arden up in the process of trying to squish myself into skinny jeans and got in trouble with a saleslady. The sad thing is, both David and I left empty-handed. But the trip down there wasn't all for naught because we went to Chelsea Market and had a delicious lunch at Friedman's. If I ever go to a warehouse sale again, the kids are staying behind and I'm getting my game face on!

4 comments:

kate's corner said...

This is hilarious Louise! Love it and yes, please!! keep the vignettes coming!

Heidi said...

Ahhh, that is awesome! Indeed we need to find some fun warehouse sales to try out - the only one I've been to was ridiculously expensive, 90% off but the items were thousands of $$, so not for me and my city-mommy look anyway. :) Love your ambition to try it out with the girls!!

Tara said...

You are absolutely adorable! I love this story!

Michelle said...

City life sounds so fun! I am jealous, although shopping with kids is tough, I am now finding.